Often thought of as adornment limited to evening wear, vintage costume jewelry can elevate your office uniform from ordinary to extraordinary and make you feel special as you move from day to evening activities. Here are six classic outfits that start in the office and transform into a dressier look with one or two quick changes. These vintage pieces from the TruFaux Jewels boutique take you from day to night with elegance and flare.
1. Wear a belted white blazer over a classic, elegant black sheath for the office, while sporting this gorgeous Black Enamel & Diamanté 1950s Brooch by Marcel Boucher on the jacket lapel. Replace the jacket with a white shawl and move the brooch to the dress shoulder for evening. This Onyx, Diamanté & Sterling Art Deco Line Bracelet and your real or faux diamond studs (or the brooch’s matching earrings) complete the look.
2. The soft tones of this Green Bead 2-Strand French 1950s Necklace by Louis Rousselet add seasonal color and unexpected contrast to a light grey sleeveless, v-neck dress. Wear a dark grey cardigan for day, then switch to a cropped jacket in white, pale grey, and green. For a touch of drama and lots of movement, add these Green Bead Czech Art Deco Chandelier Earrings that happen to match this necklace (astonishing!).
3. This Gold Rhinestone Starfish 1950s Brooch & Earrings Set is much more versatile than you might think. Wear the earrings and a white blazer over a fuchsia sheath to the office. Then remove the blazer and place the brooch on the dress shoulder for evening. The shimmering rhinestones will reflect the deep pink tones of the dress, announcing your arrival and starting a conversation!
4. Here’s a classic black-and-white look with luxurious accents of emerald and pearl in day and evening accessories. Start your day with these 1950s clip-back earrings by Schreiner, black pants, and a classic white linen blazer over a black camisole. Then remove the blazer and don a black sheer, short-sleeved evening blouse at your workday’s end. Wear a pearl bracelet if you already have one. Add more lush green color with an emerald evening bag.
5. A black sheath with a black-and-white blazer provides a perfect backdrop for jewels in any color. In this case, I’ve chosen these 1950s clip-back earrings by Schreiner in a deep-red shade that flatters every skin tone and hair color. Substitute a burgundy shawl for the blazer for evening.
6. A navy camisole and trousers provide another neutral canvas for a day-to-evening look. Add a touch of sparkle to a striped office blazer and a navy and gold evening blouse with these Gold Scroll & Pavé 1950s Clip-back Earrings by Elsa Schiaparelli. This classic Gold-filled Flexible 1940s Spiral Bracelet compliments both ensembles.
For More Styling Ideas
See six more day-to-evening looks featuring TruFaux Jewels here.