- Dec052017Barbara Schwartz
If you’ve read my post What’s Your Fashion Personality? and now want some jewelry gift ideas for the classic style woman, this article is for you. She is balanced – i.e., in between yin and yang in terms of physical and behavioral traits – but has more yin. The Classic woman is poised, cultured, and impeccably-groomed.
Classic Style Fashion
With her medium bone structure, oval face, and well-proportioned silhouette and facial features, the Classic woman seeks in her attire the same balance found in her physical traits. Her clothing reflects her pursuit of perfection and order. Her outfits are always flawlessly coordinated and in flattering colors. For business, she wears trousers, skirts, and dresses with matching jackets and harmonizing accessories. Her casual attire is equally well-matched. Her clothing is semi-structured, with smooth, uncluttered lines and couture details: jackets with curved lapels or rounded necklines, and trousers and skirts with defined waists. Only garments in classic designs made from the finest fabrics are selected: wool crepe and gabardine; silk crepe de chine; Pima cotton; and cashmere. The Classic woman prefers woven patterns – jacquard, brocade, and other tone-on-tone – to obvious prints.
Classic Style Jewelry
Always impeccably-dressed, the Classic woman wears jewelry that falls between the more extreme styles of the yin and yang personalities. I’ve assembled a collection of tasteful, refined, and elegant pieces that will compliment her dignified appearance and manner. Let me tell you about these jewels.
1-Pearl & Russian Gold 1950s Drop Earrings; 2-Pearl, Diamanté & Gold Flower 1950s Brooch/Pendant & Earrings; 3-Grey Pearl Flower 1950s Brooch; 4-Aquamarine Art Deco Necklace; 5-Grey & Cream Baroque Pearl & Rondelle 1950s Bangle; 6-Emerald Melon Bead 1950s Earrings; 7-Ruby Bead, Filigree & Rondelle 1950s Necklace
1. The Classic Woman loves pearls, so here are Pearl & Russian Gold 1950s Drop Earrings, a beautiful alternative to the pearl stud. Known for her Russian gold and marvelous faux pearls, these earrings were made by Miriam Haskell. They are fastened to the earlobe with a combination screw- and clip-back and can be worn by a woman with or without pierced ears.
2. For a woman who loves matching accessories, these Pearl, Diamanté & Gold Flower 1950s Brooch/Pendant & Earrings are a wonderful choice. This set is also appealing because the pendant part of the necklace can be taken off the chain and worn as a brooch. The clip-back earrings can be worn by a woman with or without pierced ears. This set was made by Marcel Boucher.
3. Another pearl creation by Miriam Haskell, this Grey Pearl Flower 1950s Brooch has beautiful detail and classic design. Engraved silver-tone metal petals surround the pearl flower centers. This piece can be worn horizontally or vertically.
4. As refined and elegant as a strand of pearls, this Aquamarine Art Deco Necklace from the 1920s has etched-silver-metal frames around faceted watery-blue crystal stones.
5. This Grey & Cream Baroque Pearl & Rondelle 1950s Bangle by Miriam Haskell is a wonderful combination of colors and materials that take the pearl bracelet to the next level.
6. Lush in color and texture, these Emerald Melon Bead 1950s Earrings would be an elegant addition to the Classic woman’s jewelry box. These clip-back earrings can be worn by a woman with or without pierced ears.
7. This opera-length Ruby Bead, Filigree & Rondelle 1950s Necklace by Miriam Haskell would undoubtedly please the Classic woman, who favors beaded necklaces.
For More Gift Ideas
- Dec052017Barbara SchwartzRead more
With the holidays approaching, my posts have focused on tips for choosing the perfect jewelry gifts for women, based on each one’s personality. The first article in this series – What’s Your Fashion Personality – describes the physical and behavioral traits of each style. This piece focuses on the elegant,…
- Nov282017Barbara SchwartzRead more
Need some guidance in gift-giving this holiday season? I’ve been writing about reading a woman’s personality to find clues for choosing the right jewelry. My first post in this series – What’s Your Fashion Personality? – describes the six personality styles. I’ve written about the Romantic and the Dramatic. This piece…
- Nov272017Barbara SchwartzRead more
My earlier post What’s Your Fashion Personality describes the six personality styles that will help you choose the perfect holiday gift for an important woman in your life. This article focuses on the Dramatic woman: she is confident, strong, and sophisticated. Let me tell you about the clothes this yang…
- Nov212017Barbara SchwartzRead more
Finding the perfect holiday gift for an important woman in your life can be challenging. But if you know how to read her personality, you’ll have many clues that will help you make the right choice. My previous post – What’s Your Fashion Personality? – describes the six personality styles.…
- Nov232016Barbara SchwartzRead more
Still looking for a special accessory to refresh your little black dress, a gift for an important woman in your life, or an item to add to your own wish list? Here are six more collections of vintage costume jewelry presented by color and selected to add sparkle to your wardrobe…
- Nov172016Barbara SchwartzRead more
Whether you need a special jewel to refresh your little black dress, a gift for an important woman in your life, or an item to add to your own wish list, you can celebrate the holiday season in style with vintage costume jewelry from the TruFaux Jewels boutique. Here are…
- May022016Barbara SchwartzRead more
Still looking for a special Mother’s Day gift for that important woman in your life? Why not choose a beautiful piece of vintage costume jewelry that is as extraordinary as she is? This gift guide presents more than 15 necklaces, earrings, bracelets and brooches I’ve chosen from the TruFaux Jewels boutique.…
- Apr102016Barbara SchwartzRead more
Looking for the perfect Mother’s Day gift for that special woman in your life? How about giving her a vintage jewel with her birthstone or yours? Below is the history and meaning of the gemstone linked to each month along with a selection of pieces from the TruFaux Jewels boutique…
- Dec142015Barbara SchwartzRead more
Still looking for a dazzling accessory to refresh your little black dress, a unique gift for an important woman in your life, or a special item to add to your own wish list? Here are six more collections of vintage costume jewelry arranged by color, selected to add sparkle to your wardrobe or…
- Nov282015Barbara SchwartzRead more
Whether you need a special accessory to refresh your little black dress, a gift for an important woman in your life, or an item to add to your own wish list, you can celebrate the holiday season in style with vintage costume jewelry from TruFaux Jewels. Here are six collections with necklaces, earrings,…
- May042015Barbara SchwartzRead more
With Mother’s Day less than a week away, Polyvore is having a contest called Mother’s Day Must-Haves! to help users find the perfect gifts for this Sunday. As I’ve become somewhat addicted to the site, I just had to whip together six sets (collages) of vintage costume jewelry from the TruFaux Jewels website…