If you’ve read my post What’s Your Fashion Personality? and now want some jewelry gift ideas for the classic style woman, this article is for you. She is balanced – i.e., in between yin and yang in terms of physical and behavioral traits – but has more yin. The Classic woman is poised, cultured, and impeccably-groomed.
Classic Style Fashion
With her medium bone structure, oval face, and well-proportioned silhouette and facial features, the Classic woman seeks in her attire the same balance found in her physical traits. Her clothing reflects her pursuit of perfection and order. Her outfits are always flawlessly coordinated and in flattering colors. For business, she wears trousers, skirts, and dresses with matching jackets and harmonizing accessories. Her casual attire is equally well-matched. Her clothing is semi-structured, with smooth, uncluttered lines and couture details: jackets with curved lapels or rounded necklines, and trousers and skirts with defined waists. Only garments in classic designs made from the finest fabrics are selected: wool crepe and gabardine; silk crepe de chine; Pima cotton; and cashmere. The Classic woman prefers woven patterns – jacquard, brocade, and other tone-on-tone – to obvious prints.
Classic Style Jewelry
Always impeccably-dressed, the Classic woman wears jewelry that falls between the more extreme styles of the yin and yang personalities. I’ve assembled a collection of tasteful, refined, and elegant pieces that will compliment her dignified appearance and manner. Let me tell you about these jewels.
1-Pearl & Russian Gold 1950s Drop Earrings; 2-Pearl, Diamanté & Gold Flower 1950s Brooch/Pendant & Earrings; 3-Grey Pearl Flower 1950s Brooch; 4-Aquamarine Art Deco Necklace; 5-Grey & Cream Baroque Pearl & Rondelle 1950s Bangle; 6-Emerald Melon Bead 1950s Earrings; 7-Ruby Bead, Filigree & Rondelle 1950s Necklace
1. The Classic Woman loves pearls, so here are Pearl & Russian Gold 1950s Drop Earrings, a beautiful alternative to the pearl stud. Known for her Russian gold and marvelous faux pearls, these earrings were made by Miriam Haskell. They are fastened to the earlobe with a combination screw- and clip-back and can be worn by a woman with or without pierced ears.
2. For a woman who loves matching accessories, these Pearl, Diamanté & Gold Flower 1950s Brooch/Pendant & Earrings are a wonderful choice. This set is also appealing because the pendant part of the necklace can be taken off the chain and worn as a brooch. The clip-back earrings can be worn by a woman with or without pierced ears. This set was made by Marcel Boucher.
3. Another pearl creation by Miriam Haskell, this Grey Pearl Flower 1950s Brooch has beautiful detail and classic design. Engraved silver-tone metal petals surround the pearl flower centers. This piece can be worn horizontally or vertically.
4. As refined and elegant as a strand of pearls, this Aquamarine Art Deco Necklace from the 1920s has etched-silver-metal frames around faceted watery-blue crystal stones.
5. This Grey & Cream Baroque Pearl & Rondelle 1950s Bangle by Miriam Haskell is a wonderful combination of colors and materials that take the pearl bracelet to the next level.
6. Lush in color and texture, these Emerald Melon Bead 1950s Earrings would be an elegant addition to the Classic woman’s jewelry box. These clip-back earrings can be worn by a woman with or without pierced ears.
7. This opera-length Ruby Bead, Filigree & Rondelle 1950s Necklace by Miriam Haskell would undoubtedly please the Classic woman, who favors beaded necklaces.
For More Gift Ideas
With the holidays approaching, my posts have focused on tips for choosing the perfect jewelry gifts for women, based on each one’s personality. The first article in this series – What’s Your Fashion Personality – describes the physical and behavioral traits of each style. This piece focuses on the elegant,…
Need some guidance in gift-giving this holiday season? I’ve been writing about reading a woman’s personality to find clues for choosing the right jewelry. My first post in this series – What’s Your Fashion Personality? – describes the six personality styles. I’ve written about the Romantic and the Dramatic. This piece…
My earlier post What’s Your Fashion Personality describes the six personality styles that will help you choose the perfect holiday gift for an important woman in your life. This article focuses on the Dramatic woman: she is confident, strong, and sophisticated. Let me tell you about the clothes this yang…
Finding the perfect holiday gift for an important woman in your life can be challenging. But if you know how to read her personality, you’ll have many clues that will help you make the right choice. My previous post – What’s Your Fashion Personality? – describes the six personality styles.…
Last month I introduced you to the dress clip brooch – a two-in-one jeweled accessory that made its debut in the 1930s. Because you can wear this type of jewelry as a brooch or as separate clips, it is as versatile today as it was decades ago. Now that autumn’s…
Navy blue is one of the few colors that every woman can wear, all year-round. A little navy dress is a great wardrobe staple, because you can create a myriad of outfits simply by changing the accessories. In the summer, adding a lightweight jacket or cardigan paired with lightweight and…
June is here, the days are getting longer and warmer, and I’m bringing out my white jeans, sandals, and other summer clothes. This month is also the time to bring out summery jewelry: lighter-weight pieces in white, coral, turquoise, spring green, yellow, and other colors associated with warm weather. For…
One of the most precious of all gemstones, emerald derives its name from the ancient Greek word for green. The first known emerald mines, which date to at least 330 BC in Egypt, supplied Cleopatra with her favorite gems. Because green is the color of spring, emerald is seen by…
Since ancient times, diamonds have been admired objects of desire. Stones that are colorless through light yellow (on the industry’s color-grading scale) are the most abundant. Only 1 in 10,000 diamonds has a fancy color. According to some legends, diamonds were created when lightning struck rocks; according to others, diamonds…