Do you need some suggestions for easily changing office attire into evening wear? Here are six ways to wear your little black dress to the office and then out on the town. Each outfit is accessorized with vintage costume jewelry from TruFaux Jewels, to take you from day to night with elegance and flare!
1. Wear a red-and-black cardigan to the office and a shawl with the same colors for evening to emphasize the ruby beads in this luxurious Pearl & Gemstone Bead French 1950s Necklace & Earrings Set by Louis Rousselet.
2. A belted white blazer adds the right amount of cover and a lapel for showing off this gorgeous Black Enamel & Diamanté Brooch by Marcel Boucher. Replace the jacket with a shawl and move the brooch to the dress lapel for evening. This Onyx, Diamanté & Sterling Art Deco Line Bracelet and your diamond studs (or the brooch’s matching earrings) complete the look.
3. The colors and shine of this 1950s Hattie Carnegie brooch add drama to a grey open cardigan for office wear. Substitute an embellished teal bolero jacket and the brooch’s matching earrings for a night out.
4. Add sparkle to the shoulder or lapel of a tweed blazer with this Diamanté Floral 1950s Brooch by Miriam Haskell. Then remove the jacket and place the brooch at the waist for a more dramatic evening look. Wear diamond stud earrings if you have them.
5. A tweed blazer and black-and-green scarf at the neck add cover and color to your LBD for day. These elegant Emerald, Diamanté & Pearl 1950s Earrings by Schreiner add color and class for day and evening. Wear a pearl bracelet if you already have one.
6. This Gold Rhinestone Starfish 1950s Brooch & Earrings Set is much more versatile than you might think. Wear the earrings and a brown tweed blazer to the office. Then remove the jacket and add the brooch to the dress lapel for evening.
For More Styling Ideas
See six more day-to-evening looks featuring TruFaux Jewels here.