Baroque Pearl & Blue Bead French 1950s Necklace
Up to 16" x 1/2"
Similar necklace in Moro p. 68
This elegant French necklace in the style of Louis Rousselet has elongated faux baroque pearls separated by clusters of small, round faux pearls and blue-glass beads. It has an adjustable hook-and-tail closure. I have other pieces by and in the style of this maker — scroll down to see them.
- ArchivesThis 1920s French Art Deco necklace is formed with jade and ivory Galalith inter-locking barrels, pale jade glass beads, and brass spacers strung on chain. Though unsigned, the beads and necklace design are unmistakably by Louis Rousselet. This piece, which is known as a puzzle necklace, closes with a screw-in beehive clasp. Although this jewel is no longer available, you might like another version of it in blue and cream – scroll down to see it.USD$425.00
- Vintage Earrings, 1950s Jewelry, Louis Rousselet JewelryThese baroque pearl earrings have a large, cream-colored glass pearl center encircled by a ring of small, matching round pearls. Though these 1950s earrings are unsigned, the construction (especially the ear-clip mechanism) and materials are consistent with those used by Louis Rousselet. (His pieces were usually only signed with paper hang tags.) These earrings would make a lovely accessory for daytime, evening, or bridal/wedding/prom wear.USD$245.00
- Vintage Necklaces, 1950s Jewelry, Louis Rousselet JewelryThis green glass bead necklace is just gorgeous! Two strands of graduated beads in a soft-green with swirls of color form this French 1950s jewel. I think it was made by Louis Rousselet. (As you may know, few of his pieces were signed directly on the jewelry – instead, a paper hang tag was used.) The clasp, which is the type he typically used, is topped with his well-known button-shaped bead. This necklace from my personal collection was recently professionally restrung. A timeless addition to your jewelry wardrobe.USD$495.00
- Vintage Necklaces, Costume Jewelry Sets / Parures, 1950s Jewelry, Louis Rousselet JewelryThis exceptional vintage pearl necklace by the incomparable Louis Rousselet features four strands of glass pearls in varied shapes and sizes. They are accented with blown-glass beads in gemstone colors paired with rondelles. (In case you aren't familiar with his work, you need to know that he was regarded as the premier faux pearl maker in the first half of the 20th century.) The necklace closes with a concealed clasp adorned with pearls and colored beads. The matching ear clips are a bonus. Finding a Rousselet-signed piece is incredibly rare (most had only signed paper hang tags), which makes this set all the more extraordinary! Scroll down to see another pair of ear clips in the same style, sold separately.USD$1,995.00
- Vintage Earrings, 1950s Jewelry, Louis Rousselet JewelryPearl and gemstone earrings by Louis Rousselet are a welcome and versatile addition to any jewelry wardrobe. These 1950s French ear clips feature faux pearls in various sizes, with accents of ruby, sapphire, emerald and amethyst blown-glass leaves and rondelles. Though unsigned, these earrings match a signed necklace and earrings set that I have moved from my personal collection to offer for sale. The type of ear clip used is another clue to the creator, who usually signed his pieces with only paper hang tags. Rousselet was the premier faux pearl and bead maker in the first half of the 20th century. These earrings are a beautiful example of his work. Although the coating on some pearls appears to have bubbles, I think they are intended. Scroll down to see the magnificent necklace and earrings set in the same design.USD$345.00