Chrysoprase & Sterling German Art Deco Bracelet
7 1/4" x 1/2"
Faceted chrysoprase (glass?) stones are mounted in sterling silver in this outstanding Art Deco bracelet from Germany. Even if this piece weren’t marked, the stones, setting, prongs, and tongue-in-groove clasp all speak to the bracelet’s origins. In my opinion, the German costume jewelry makers in the 1920s-1930s were at the head of the class! This bracelet coordinates well with several other Art Deco chrysoprase pieces — scroll down to see a selection.
- ArchivesA molded chrysoprase glass stone is surrounded by chrysoprase, onyx and lipstick red glass triangles, each set at a jaunty angle to form this fun brooch. This color combination was very popular in the 1920s-30s. The setting appears to be chrome or chromium-plated. The pin closes with a roll-over safety clasp. Scroll down to see a selection of Art Deco pieces that would compliment this brooch, depending on which color you want to emphasize.USD$295.00
- Vintage Earrings, 1920s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelryThese Art Deco dangle earrings feature two faceted, oblong chrysoprase (glass?) stones with a faceted, round collet-set crystal at the bottom. Each stone is separated by a ring link, so there’s plenty of movement here. The original screw-backs were converted to sterling silver ear wires with lever backs for pierced ears by my expert jeweler. Note that although the open-back bottom crystals appear dark in the first photo, they are, in fact, clear and sparkly (as in the second photo). Scroll down to see a number of chrysoprase pieces that would compliment these earrings. This apple-green color is fabulous for women who look best in warm hues.USD$245.00
- Vintage Earrings, 1930s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelrySimple, yet fun, these vintage chrysoprase earrings have faceted, square, and triangle-shaped apple-green-glass stones. They are mounted in silver-tone metal frames. These all-original 1930s screw-back earrings have a nice swing and can be modified for pierced ears. Scroll down to see other Art Deco pieces that compliment this pair.USD$245.00
- ArchivesThis Art Deco marcasite brooch has three faceted chrysoprase (glass?) stones set in sterling silver. It exhibits typical German construction and their aesthetic of the 1920s-1930s. The 935 mark refers to a higher silver content than the sterling standard, which is 925 parts per 1000 – not uncommon in German pieces of the era. This brooch was in my personal collection and was among the first pieces I bought when I focused on Art Deco jewelry. You can wear this petite jewel at the throat of a blouse or on the collar of a jacket to great effect. Scroll down to see Art Deco chrysoprase earrings that look lovely with this piece. This green is lovely on women who look best in warm colors.USD$175.00
- ArchivesA chrysoprase glass circle is mounted on sterling silver wings in this classic Art Deco piece. The life-saver center is a popular motif of the era. This piece is signed, but I cannot identify the maker. This brooch, which has a nice patina that can be cleaned if you wish, closes with a roll-over safety clasp. Scroll down to take a look at chrysoprase Art Deco earrings that look great with this piece.USD$150.00
- Vintage Necklaces, 1930s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelryThis 1930s chrysoprase necklace has five polished-glass stones separated by geometric stacks of chrome spacers that give it a real Machine Age look. The silver-tone chain with alternating flat and wavy links closes with a screw-barrel clasp. I think this piece is European in origin. Scroll down to see chrysoprase Art Deco earrings and a Machine Age bracelet to wear with this necklace.USD$245.00
- ArchivesThis 1920s scarab brooch has sterling silver branches, leaves, and settings that support the flowers of chrysoprase, tiger's eye, carnelian, amethyst and clear quartz glass, which all celebrate this quintessential Art Deco motif. This colorful and versatile brooch has a roll-over safety clasp. Walter Lampl's pieces are coveted by collectors because of the high quality of his jewelry. This brooch brooch is no longer available, but a scarab bracelet is – scroll down to see it.USD$225.00
- Vintage Necklaces, 1920s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelryThis chrysoprase bead necklace with polished green-glass disks in the front half has onyx-glass disks in the back. The focal point is formed with black-glass beads that are thicker, faceted and graduated in size. This vibrant Art Deco piece, in a striking color combination, closes with an older concealed clasp that looks like a narrow tube. You could emphasize either color by wearing chrysoprase or onyx Art Deco earrings and/or bracelets – scroll down to see a selection. This necklace has so many possibilities!USD$275.00