Crystal Bangle Bracelet by H. Payton
Outside: 2 5/8" x 2 1/4" x 1/4"; inside circumference: 6 3/4"
Very good (see description)
This crystal bangle bracelet by H. Payton is a style that was all the rage in the 1920s. The company is best known by their PAYCO mark. Bracelets like this one were available in many colors of glass to imitate gemstones. With open-back faceted, square-cut stones to let light pass through, this piece goes with everything. It also looks great with other bangles and/or line bracelets of the era. Women typically wore multiple bracelets back then, and I confess that I’ve adopted that practice as part of my own personal style. This bracelet was made for a slim wrist, so please note the inside circumference (6 3/4″) and check your wrist size before purchasing this piece. A few of the stones have tiny chips, and there’s a space between the stone next to the hinge and the metal (shown in the last photo). Scroll down to see other Art Deco crystal pieces to wear with this bracelet.
Only 1 item available
- Vintage Brooches & Pins, 1920s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelryThis Art Deco bar brooch is formed from faceted, rectangular onyx-glass and crystal stones. Each end has a faceted, onyx-glass triangle. The silver-tone metal setting has cut-outs, creating a checkered pattern with the stones. They are all open-back, and the workmanship is superb. The trombone clasp and unusual design make me think this brooch is European in origin. I also think the setting is sterling silver, but the mark is unreadable. Scroll down to see Art Deco earrings and bracelets that coordinate beautifully with this jewel. Black-and-white, so popular in the Twenties, never goes out of style!USD$295.00
- Vintage Earrings, 1920s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelryThese vintage crystal bead earrings from my personal collection are formed from a faceted, lantern-shaped bead that dangles from a row of crystal beads separated by onyx-glass disks. At the top is a filigree plaque. The original screw-backs were replaced by sterling silver ear wires with lever-backs for pierced ears by my expert jeweler. I like long earrings, so I had the earrings converted in this style. If they are a bit too long for you, a jeweler could remove the lever-backs and add a sterling post to the back of the filigree. Scroll down to see more onyx and crystal Art Deco jewels to complement these gorgeous earrings.USD$295.00
- Vintage Necklaces, 1930s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelryThis chrysoprase green necklace has rectangular-shaped stones that alternate with square crystals. All are mounted on linked silver-tone frames, in the style of Art Deco chicklet necklaces. Although unmarked, the design and quality of this jewel make me think it was made in Germany. The faceting of the crystals is superb, and the mountings of the stones are highly-decorated. The silver-tone metal may be sterling, although the stone frames are unmarked. This gorgeous piece from my personal collection closes with an older-style spring-ring clasp. Scroll down to see Art Deco earrings and bracelets to wear with this classic piece.USD$475.00
- Vintage Necklaces, 1930s Jewelry, Kollmar & Jourdan JewelryThis Kollmar & Jourdan necklace features three faceted, square-cut crystal chicklets flanked on either side by decorative chrome plaques. A scroll chain – a style I’ve seen on many German pieces from this era – completes the necklace and closes with a spring-ring clasp. This piece is the only one I have ever seen by this prominent and long-standing Pforzheim jewelry maker. This lovely necklace goes with every color! Scroll down to see some earrings and a bracelet that do, too.USD$345.00
- Vintage Necklaces, 1920s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelryThis vintage crystal necklace has graduated, lantern-shaped beads that are beautifully faceted to reflect light. They are separated by onyx-glass beads and crystal disks. This black-and-white look, so popular in the Twenties, is always in style. The beads have recently been professionally re-strung on wire. This Art Deco necklace closes with a silver-tone filigree, box-shaped concealed clasp. Scroll down to see a selection of earrings and bracelets to wear with this versatile jewel.USD$225.00
- Vintage Earrings, 1920s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelryThese dangling crystal earrings from the 1920s are formed by three faceted, square-cut chicklets, with a diamond-shaped stone set at the earlobe. These all-original screw-back earrings can be modified for pierced ears. The mountings and findings may be sterling silver, but only the screw-backs are marked. Because the chicklets are separated by rings, these earrings have lots of movement and light reflection. These Art Deco jewels sparkled on the runway at Toronto Fashion Week for Spring 2019. Scroll down to see a selection of complimentary pieces.USD$295.00