Crystal Bead & Sterling 1920s Drop Earrings
1 1/2" x 3/8"
"925" on findings
Dainty and elegant, these 1920s earrings feature a faceted crystal ball dangling from a fine sterling silver chain. The framed glass stone that fronts the screw back appears to have darkened only because the attachment of the mechanism doesn’t allow light to pass through it. The screw backs can be modified for pierced ears. These earrings go with absolutely everything and can be worn with all color palettes! Scroll down to see a selection of necklaces and brooches to wear with this lovely pair.
Out of stock
- ArchivesThis vintage glass bead necklace has clusters of blown-glass beads in shades of blue wound together with wire and linked with clear glass rings. Although the spring-ring clasp doesn’t provide a clue to the necklace’s origin, I believe it was made in Europe. This piece was recently restrung by my expert jeweler. This wreath-like jewel from my personal collection is a lovely topping to a round-neck garment and the perfect colors for women who dress in a cool palette. Although this necklace is no longer available, a similar one with pink-glass beads is – scroll down to see it.USD$425.00
- Vintage Necklaces, 1920s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelryThis vintage double strand necklace has faceted oval-glass beads with glass spacers. The concealed clasp on this elegant 1920s piece is topped with sterling silver filigree set with a faceted crystal stone. You can wear the necklace with the clasp in front, on the side, or in the back. A lovely jewel that goes with everything! Scroll down to see complimentary Art Deco crystal earrings. Or wear your diamond studs to compliment the clasp.USD$195.00
- Vintage Brooches & Pins, 1920s Jewelry, Ostby & Barton JewelryThis 1920s brooch has a large, faceted, cushion-cut emerald-glass stone in the center, with a pair of faceted, triangular emerald and crystal stones at each end. The settings are sterling silver mounted atop a filigree base. This classy and classic Art Deco piece is by Ostby & Barton, a company well-regarded today for their work in precious metals and precious/semi-precious stones. The high-level of their craftsmanship shows in this piece, which closes with a roll-over clasp. Scroll down to see a selection of Art Deco jewels to wear with this beautiful bar brooch.USD$245.00
- Vintage Necklaces, 1920s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelryThis 1920s crystal teardrop bead necklace has faceted beads graduated in size surrounding a round center bead. Crystal spacers and a period-appropriate, diamanté-studded box-clasp finish the piece. Crystal necklaces are extremely versatile and timeless. This one was recently restrung by my expert jeweler. A perfect bridal accessory!USD$195.00
- Vintage Necklaces, 1920s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelryThis crystal bead necklace has graduated, lantern-shaped beads that are beautifully faceted to reflect light. They are separated by onyx-glass beads and crystal disks. This black-and-white look, so popular in the Twenties, is always in style. The beads have recently been professionally re-strung on wire. This Art Deco necklace closes with a silver-tone filigree, box-shaped concealed clasp. Scroll down to see a selection of earrings and bracelets to wear with this jewel.USD$225.00
- Vintage Brooches & Pins, 1920s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelryThis Art Deco bar brooch is formed from faceted, rectangular onyx-glass and crystal stones. Each end has a faceted, onyx-glass triangle. The silver-tone metal setting has cut-outs, creating a checkered pattern with the stones. They are all open-back, and the workmanship is superb. The trombone clasp and unusual design make me think this brooch is European in origin. I also think the setting is sterling silver, but the mark is unreadable. Scroll down to see Art Deco earrings and bracelets that coordinate beautifully with this jewel. Black-and-white, so popular in the Twenties, never goes out of style!USD$295.00
- Vintage Necklaces, 1920s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelryThis blown-glass necklace has clusters of pale-pink beads wound together with wire and linked with clear-glass rings. This Art Deco jewel from my personal collection looks like a garland when worn. The materials, construction, and screw-barrel clasp make me think this necklace was made in Europe. A unique and classy piece that creates a lovely and memorable topping to a round-neck garment, any time of year.USD$395.00
- Vintage Necklaces, 1920s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelryThis ruby red and crystal necklace has single and clusters of blown-ruby-glass beads separated by crystal disks. Made in the 1920s-1930s, this lovely and versatile piece closes with a filigree fish-hook clasp. At 18 inches, this necklace is longer than most of its contemporaries.USD$275.00
- Vintage Necklaces, 1920s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelryThis faceted crystal bead necklace has the weight and quality of lead crystal. This strand in graduating sizes has knots in between and a filigree, fish-hook clasp. You can wear this Art Deco jewel with just about anything, anytime and anywhere. Did you know that faceted crystal beads were popular in the Twenties because they reflect light and brighten the wearer’s face? Note that this necklace is a bit longer than its contemporaries.USD$195.00