Emerald Art Deco Choker Necklace
14 1/2" x 3/8"
This Art Deco choker necklace is a variation of the chicklet style. Instead of sitting on top of silver-tone metal mounts, these square-cut emerald-glass stones are actually framed. The links are slightly graduated in size, ending with a decorative, concealed clasp. This jewel looked fabulous on a runway model at Toronto Fashion Week for Spring 2019. This necklace was made for a slim neck, so please note the necklace length (14 1/2″) and check your neck size before purchasing this piece. Scroll down to take a look at other emerald jewels to wear with this one. Can you guess which earrings and bracelet the runway model wore with this necklace?
- Vintage Bracelets, 1920s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelryThis vintage silver filigree bracelet has sterling links adorned with alternating emerald-glass stones and diamanté. The construction of and clasp on this 1920s classic are the same as those of filigree bracelets fashioned from precious metals in that decade. Scroll down to see additional Art Deco pieces to wear with this beautiful jewel.USD$345.00
- Vintage Earrings, 1950s Jewelry, Hattie Carnegie JewelryThese sunburst earrings from the fashion house of Hattie Carnegie have emerald-glass baguettes emanating from a pavé center. The setting is rhodium-plated. These elegant 1950s ear clips never go out of style and always look gorgeous wherever they’re worn. I got to see these earrings sparkle on a model who walked the runway at a recent fashion show. Scroll down to see a dress clip to wear with these lovely jewels.USD$295.00
- ArchivesThis vintage costume bracelet is exceptional! It features rectangular sterling silver links set with faceted, triangular-cut emerald-glass stones. Each link has a bead-set diamanté in each corner. The edges of the bracelet are engraved. This piece closes with a concealed clasp and safety catch. Given the outstanding quality and beautiful design of this Art Deco bracelet, I’m surprised that it has no maker’s mark. This jewel walked the runway at Toronto Fashion Week for Spring 2019. The model wore it with a fabulous pair of 1950s emerald earrings. Scroll down to see them and other coordinating pieces. Which earrings would you choose to accompany this beautiful bracelet?USD$395.00
- ArchivesThis vintage line bracelet by Otis features faceted, square-cut emerald-glass stones channel-set in rhodium-plated sterling silver. The piece is finished with engraved edges and a diamanté-encrusted fold-over clasp. The color of the emeralds is rich and lush. The superb articulation speaks to the high-quality construction of the piece, which was the same as that of Wachenheimer Brothers. (Read about their connection with Otis.) Line bracelets were all the rage in the 1920s-1930s and were typically worn in multiples. You could wear this one with another line bracelet by the same maker or with a filigree bracelet with emeralds, as shown in the last images. I was delighted to see this jewel worn by a model on the runway at Toronto Fashion Week for Spring 2019! She was also adorned with a necklace and earrings, which are among the coordinating pieces shown below. Can you pick out the other runway jewels?USD$275.00
- ArchivesThis link bracelet features molded sugar-loaf emerald-glass stones framed in silver-tone metal that alternate with onyx glass rings. Decorative metal links and an older-style spring-ring clasp complete this classic Art Deco jewel. The color combination and detail in the workmanship are divine. The clasp is marked sterling, but the entire piece probably isn’t. Bracelets of this type were advertised extensively in wholesaler catalogs in the 1920s to early-1930s. Scroll down to see a similar bracelet in lapis as well as several emerald jewels to wear with this one.USD$225.00
- Vintage Earrings, 1950s Jewelry, Schreiner JewelryThese vintage emerald earrings by Schreiner are striking in design and color, with lush emerald-glass stones accented with faux pearls and diamantés. Though unsigned, these 1950s ear clips show all of the characteristics of Schreiner pieces. They have high-quality stones in dog-tooth settings with donut-hole ear clips. The emeralds even have inclusions! These silver-tone earrings are stunning for any occasion. They face each other, so they frame your face and make whatever you’re wearing look even more special. This pair sparkled on the runway at Toronto Fashion Week for Spring 2019.USD$295.00