Sapphire & Silver Filigree Art Deco Collar by Plainville Stock Co.
Plainville Stock Co.
14" x 3/4"
"P S CO"
Delicate and lovely rhodium-plated filigree triangular segments are separated by oval sapphire-glass stones in this early Art Deco necklace by Plainville Stock Co. The center segment is embellished with marcasites. This necklace was made for a slim neck and has a hidden tongue-in-groove clasp. Please note the necklace length (14 inches) and check your neck size before purchasing this piece. This necklace looks great with many of may other sapphire Art Deco pieces — scroll down to see a selection.
- ArchivesThis quintessential Art Deco line bracelet (called a flexible bracelet, in its day) with sapphire-glass squares channel-set in sterling silver is a typical example of the maker's high-quality Diamonbar bracelets. The diamanté buckle is part of the clasp. This bracelet was made for a slim wrist, so please note the bracelet length (6 3/4") and check your wrist size before purchasing this piece. I have the same piece with citrine-glass squares, although that bracelet is unsigned. You can wear this type of bracelet alone or in multiples. Scroll down to see some more beautiful sapphire Art Deco pieces to wear with this stunning bracelet.USD$295.00
- Vintage Earrings, 1920s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelryThese sapphire blue drop earrings are classy and long. Each has a blue rondelle (I had never seen a colored one before!) sandwiched between a pair of faceted, sapphire-glass beads. They are capped at each end with decorated silver-tone metal, and the pendants are suspended from silver-tone chain. A small diamanté is designed to adorn each earlobe. These all-original screw-back earrings can be modified for pierced ears. The backs of the screws are marked sterling, but I don’t know if the rest of the silver findings are as well. These lovely earrings can be worn anywhere, anytime and are perfect for those who like cool colors. Scroll down to see sapphire earrings already converted for pierced ears as well as a lovely coordinating bracelet. This pair is a wonderful something blue for a bride!USD$295.00
- ArchivesThis 1920s bracelet with faux sapphires and sterling silver filigree has the same detail and craftsmanship as Art Deco filigree bracelets fashioned from gold and platinum. The slide-in safety clasp is the same type as those used in fine pieces. This one is a bit wider than usual, too. Granbery Flexible Bracelets were advertised in the June 1925 issue of The Keystone, a trade publication. This bracelet is no longer available, but a similar one by the same maker is – scroll down to see it.USD$295.00
- ArchivesThese faux sapphire earrings create a lot of movement with their half-moon stones suspended on silver chains with a dangling stone in the middle. The domed round stone at the earring top and half-moon at the bottom are both faceted. The original screw-backs were converted to sterling silver ear wires with lever backs for pierced ears by my expert jeweler. Although this pair has been sold, other sapphire Art Deco earrings are available. Scroll down to see them.USD$195.00
- Vintage Earrings, 1920s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelryThese Art Deco pendant earrings are wonderfully unusual. Each features a large, faceted, bi-color crystal bead. Its top is clear, and the bottom is a deep-sapphire-blue. A small crystal bead is at the center of the silver-tone links, and a silver-tone filigree knot is at the earlobe. These all-original, long (2 1/2″) earrings are dainty, yet full of life. The screw-backs can be modified for pierced ears. The screws are marked "sterling", but I don’t know if the rest of the findings are. Scroll down to see a selection of necklaces and bracelets to wear with these stylish jewels.USD$295.00
- ArchivesThis line bracelet by Otis features channel-set, square-cut faceted sapphire-blue-glass stones alternating with round diamanté, all set in sterling silver. The clasp is the bejeweled fold-over type associated with this maker. These bracelets, which were called flexible bracelets in their day, can be worn from morning through the evening, as a single piece or in multiples (as shown in the last photo). These bracelets are timeless. Scroll down to see some lovely sapphire Art Deco pieces to wear with this bracelet.USD$265.00
- ArchivesThese Art Deco earrings feature large, faceted sapphire-glass drops capped with silver-tone filigree and suspended from sapphire-glass beads. A sapphire glass stone set in silver-tone metal is designed to adorn the earlobe. These all-original earrings have screw-backs. If you have pierced ears, I have other sapphire Art Deco dangling earrings that have been converted — scroll down to see them. If you like these earrings better, you can have them modified for pierced ears.USD$175.00
- ArchivesThese sapphire earrings each have a round, blue-glass stone set in an open-back decorative silver-tone frame suspended from delicate chain. The original screw backs were converted to sterling silver ear wires with lever backs for pierced ears by my expert jeweler. These elegant earrings are versatile and easy to wear – a perfect pair for women who like to wear cool colors. Scroll down to see a selection of coordinating pieces. If you don’t have pierced earrings, sapphire pendant Art Deco earrings with their original screw-backs are available — scroll down to see them as well.USD$245.00