Scarab Bracelet in Sterling by W.E. Richards
W. E. Richards
7 3/8" x 1/2"
1920s or 1950s
This vintage scarab bracelet has sterling silver links and mounts with molded-glass stones. The colors are tiger’s eye, chrysoprase, carnelian, lapis lazuli, and variegated agates. This piece is a celebration of a quintessential Art Deco motif. By the well-known maker W.E. Richards, this jewel closes with a spring-ring clasp. The multi-colored agates are unusual, and the variety of colors and classic design make this bracelet extremely versatile. You could emphasize one of the colors by wearing earrings or a necklace that matches one of the stones. Scroll down to see some suggestions. This bracelet was made in the 1920s or in the 1950s, during an Art Deco Revival when scarab bracelets were again all the rage.
- Vintage Earrings, 1930s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelryThese lapis blue earrings are formed from molded-glass panels that look like carved gemstones. The flower motif in the blue-glass pendants is present in the silver-tone metal components that connect the pendant to the earring top. These all-original, unusual earrings have screw-backs, but they can be modified for pierced ears. Because these Art Deco earrings are 2″ long and bold (the glass panels are 3/4-inch squares), I would wear these drops with only an Art Deco bracelet – scroll down to see a selection. This versatile color is perfect for those who like to wear cool hues.USD$295.00
- ArchivesThis lapis and chrome necklace in a 1930s German Machine Age design was probably made by Jakob Bengel. It has glass beads separated by decorative chrome links and a center Galalith(?) bead with chrome end caps. The same piece in other colors has been attributed to Bengel by a British expert. (This maker’s jewelry was never signed.) This necklace closes with a spring-ring clasp, which may be a replacement (it is brass in color). The center bead has a minor flaw that probably occurred during manufacture. This small imperfection does not detract from the beauty or wearability of this jewel. Scroll down to see coordinating bracelets. Perfect adornments for those who wear cool colors.USD$185.00
- Vintage Earrings, 1930s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelrySimple, yet fun, these vintage chrysoprase earrings have faceted, square, and triangle-shaped apple-green-glass stones. They are mounted in silver-tone metal frames. These all-original 1930s screw-back earrings have a nice swing and can be modified for pierced ears. Scroll down to see other Art Deco pieces that compliment this pair.USD$245.00
- Vintage Earrings, 1930s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelryThese lapis drop earrings have a pair of glass beads, each capped with flower-petal-shaped metal. The lower bead is 1/2-inch in diameter. The size and color make these pendants a bit bolder in effect than Art Deco pieces from the 1920s. The original screw-backs were replaced with sterling silver posts for pierced ears by my expert jeweler. Scroll down to see a selection of Art Deco jewels to wear with these earrings. Perfect for those who like to wear cool colors.USD$275.00
- Vintage Necklaces, 1930s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelryThis lapis bead necklace has at its center cobalt-glass beads, pierced-chrome balls, and blue-plastic rings. Decorative chrome links dotted with an additional bead on each side complete this 1930s Bauhaus-inspired treasure. It closes with a barrel clasp. This piece is probably European in origin and is perfect for women who like to wear cool colors. Scroll down to see a selection of bracelets that compliment this fabulous and fun jewel.USD$295.00