Crystal Bead Earrings with Onyx & Filigree
2 5/8" (including ear wire) x 1/2"
"925" on ear wire
These Art Deco crystal earrings from my personal collection are formed from a faceted, lantern-shaped bead that dangles from a row of crystal beads separated by onyx-glass disks. At the top is a filigree plaque. The original screw-backs were replaced by sterling silver ear wires with lever-backs for pierced ears by my expert jeweler. I like long earrings, so I had the earrings converted in this style. If they are a bit too long for you, a jeweler could remove the lever-backs and add a sterling post to the back of the filigree. Scroll down to see more onyx and crystal Art Deco jewels to complement these gorgeous earrings.
- Vintage Bracelets, 1930s Jewelry, Wachenheimer Bros. JewelryThis Wachenheimer Bros bracelet has faceted, square-cut onyx-glass stones channel-set in sterling silver, with engraved edges and diamanté-studded clasps. This jewel was made in two sections, with identical fold-over clasps in both places. The type of clasp dates this piece to the early 1930s, after the company stopped using their Diamonbar trademark and near the end of their production. This bracelet was made for a slim wrist, so please note the bracelet length (6 7/8″) and check your wrist size before purchasing this piece. The last photo shows it along with two other line bracelets – bracelets like these were commonly worn in multiples. Scroll down to see their details as well as other onyx jewels to wear with this lovely one.USD$295.00
- Vintage Bracelets, 1920s Jewelry, Fishel, Nessler JewelryThis black onyx bracelet with diamanté accents is an Art Deco classic. Each faceted, square-cut stone is set in its own sterling silver box. This early line bracelet (called a flexible bracelet in its day) has a concealed clasp with a safety catch. You can wear this piece alone or with two other vintage bracelets, as shown in the last photo. Scroll down to see a sterling bar pin in black and white by the same maker as well as other coordinating Art Deco pieces. Or wear this bracelet with more contemporary jewels.USD$195.00
- Vintage Bracelets, 1920s Jewelry, H. Payton JewelryThis crystal bangle bracelet by H. Payton is a style that was all the rage in the 1920s. The company is best known by their PAYCO mark. Bracelets like this one were available in many colors of glass to imitate gemstones. With open-back faceted, square-cut stones to let light pass through, this piece goes with everything. It also looks great with other bangles and/or line bracelets of the era. Women typically wore multiple bracelets back then, and I confess that I’ve adopted that practice as part of my own personal style. This bracelet was made for a slim wrist, so please note the inside circumference (6 3/4″) and check your wrist size before purchasing this piece. A few of the stones have tiny chips, and there's a space between the stone next to the hinge and the metal (shown in the last photo). Scroll down to see other Art Deco crystal pieces to wear with this bracelet.USD$275.00
- Vintage Necklaces, 1920s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelryThis crystal bead necklace has graduated, lantern-shaped beads that are beautifully faceted to reflect light. They are separated by onyx-glass beads and crystal disks. This black-and-white look, so popular in the Twenties, is always in style. The beads have recently been professionally re-strung on wire. This Art Deco necklace closes with a silver-tone filigree, box-shaped concealed clasp. Scroll down to see a selection of earrings and bracelets to wear with this jewel.USD$225.00
- Vintage Bracelets, 1920s Jewelry, Unknown (Maker's Mark is Unknown)This onyx and silver bracelet has seven faceted, oval glass stones prong-set and mounted on oval frames joined with links. The stones are 1/4″ high and have points in the center. The setting is sterling silver with a spring-ring clasp. This well-made Art Deco piece, which is longer than most of its era, is signed. However, I can’t determine the maker’s name. Scroll down to see several onyx pieces that complement this jewel.USD$295.00