Crystal Chicklet Dangling Earrings
1 1/2" x 1/4"
"STERLING" on screw back
These dangling crystal earrings from the 1920s are formed by three faceted, square-cut chicklets, with a diamond-shaped stone set at the earlobe. These all-original screw-back earrings can be modified for pierced ears. The mountings and findings may be sterling silver, but only the screw-backs are marked. Because the chicklets are separated by rings, these earrings have lots of movement and light reflection. These Art Deco jewels sparkled on the runway at Toronto Fashion Week for Spring 2019. Scroll down to see a selection of complimentary pieces.
Only 1 item available
- Vintage Bracelets, 1920s Jewelry, H. Payton JewelryThis crystal bangle bracelet by H. Payton is a style that was all the rage in the 1920s. The company is best known by their PAYCO mark. Bracelets like this one were available in many colors of glass to imitate gemstones. With open-back faceted, square-cut stones to let light pass through, this piece goes with everything. It also looks great with other bangles and/or line bracelets of the era. Women typically wore multiple bracelets back then, and I confess that I’ve adopted that practice as part of my own personal style. This bracelet was made for a slim wrist, so please note the inside circumference (6 3/4″) and check your wrist size before purchasing this piece. A few of the stones have tiny chips, and there's a space between the stone next to the hinge and the metal (shown in the last photo). Scroll down to see other Art Deco crystal pieces to wear with this bracelet.USD$275.00
- Vintage Brooches & Pins, 1920s Jewelry, Ostby & Barton JewelryThis 1920s brooch has a large, faceted, cushion-cut emerald-glass stone in the center, with a pair of faceted, triangular emerald and crystal stones at each end. The settings are sterling silver mounted atop a filigree base. This classy and classic Art Deco piece is by Ostby & Barton, a company well-regarded today for their work in precious metals and precious/semi-precious stones. The high-level of their craftsmanship shows in this piece, which closes with a roll-over clasp. Scroll down to see a selection of Art Deco jewels to wear with this beautiful bar brooch.USD$245.00
- Vintage Necklaces, 1920s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelryThe design and construction of this tiered necklace, a variation on the 1920s chicklet-style, is first class. Golden yellow, square-cut glass stones alternate with oblong crystals to form the necklace and tiered centerpiece. Round dangling citrine-glass stones add the movement that was so essential in the Art Deco era. All of the stones are faceted and mounted in decorated, silver-tone metal. The construction makes me think this piece was made in Europe. This divine jewel, which I initially purchased for myself, closes with a spring-ring clasp. Scroll down to see a number of Art Deco earrings and bracelets to wear with this piece.USD$395.00
- Vintage Necklaces, 1930s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelryThis chrysoprase green necklace has rectangular-shaped stones that alternate with square crystals. All are mounted on linked silver-tone frames, in the style of Art Deco chicklet necklaces. Although unmarked, the design and quality of this jewel make me think it was made in Germany. The faceting of the crystals is superb, the mountings of the stones are highly-decorated, and the weight is substantial. This gorgeous piece from my personal collection closes with a spring-ring clasp. Scroll down to see Art Deco earrings and bracelets to wear with this classic jewel.USD$495.00
- Vintage Brooches & Pins, 1920s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelryThis Art Deco bar brooch is formed from faceted, rectangular onyx-glass and crystal stones. Each end has a faceted, onyx-glass triangle. The silver-tone metal setting has cut-outs, creating a checkered pattern with the stones. They are all open-back, and the workmanship is superb. The trombone clasp and unusual design tell me this brooch is European in origin. I think the setting is sterling silver, but the mark is unreadable. Scroll down to see Art Deco earrings and bracelets that coordinate beautifully with this jewel. Black-and-white, so popular in the Twenties, never goes out of style!USD$295.00