Onyx & Sterling Link Bracelet
8" x 1/2"
"STERLING" & "F" in a circle
This onyx and silver bracelet has seven faceted, oval glass stones prong-set and mounted on oval frames joined with links. The stones are 1/4″ high and have points in the center. The setting is sterling silver with a spring-ring clasp. This well-made Art Deco piece, which is longer than most of its era, is signed. However, I can’t determine the maker’s name. Scroll down to see several onyx pieces that complement this jewel.
- Vintage Earrings, 1920s Jewelry, Wachenheimer Bros. JewelryThese black onyx dangle earrings in sterling silver are part of the maker's Wachenheimer Real Stone Jewelry line, launched in the late-1920s. They feature a faceted, square stone set with a top border of marcasites and suspended from a marcasite-encrusted slim sterling bar. A square-cut, prong-set onyx sits at the earlobe. These all-original screw-back earrings can be modified for pierced ears. This pair in the "Geometric" pattern was advertised in the November 9, 1929 issue of Vogue. Scroll down to see a selection of onyx Art Deco pieces to wear with these versatile and stylish jewels.USD$295.00
- Vintage Brooches & Pins, 1920s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelryThis Art Deco bar brooch is formed from faceted, rectangular onyx-glass and crystal stones. Each end has a faceted, onyx-glass triangle. The silver-tone metal setting has cut-outs, creating a checkered pattern with the stones. They are all open-back, and the workmanship is superb. The trombone clasp and unusual design make me think this brooch is European in origin. I also think the setting is sterling silver, but the mark is unreadable. Scroll down to see Art Deco earrings and bracelets that coordinate beautifully with this jewel. Black-and-white, so popular in the Twenties, never goes out of style!USD$295.00
- Vintage Brooches & Pins, 1920s Jewelry, Fishel, Nessler JewelryThis black and white Deco brooch has the popular color combination and geometric motif that were the epitome of style in the Twenties. This timeless sterling silver jewel by Fishel, Nessler closes with a simple C-clasp. Scroll down to see a sterling line bracelet by the same maker with the same colors as well as other Art Deco bracelets to wear with this brooch.USD$295.00
- Vintage Necklaces, 1920s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelryThis crystal bead necklace has graduated, lantern-shaped beads that are beautifully faceted to reflect light. They are separated by onyx-glass beads and crystal disks. This black-and-white look, so popular in the Twenties, is always in style. The beads have recently been professionally re-strung on wire. This Art Deco necklace closes with a silver-tone filigree, box-shaped concealed clasp. Scroll down to see a selection of earrings and bracelets to wear with this jewel.USD$225.00
- Vintage Earrings, 1920s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelryThese vintage Bakelite earrings are unusual. The pendants in black Bakelite (or other plastic from the 1920s) are embellished with a silver painted design and inlaid diamanté. A sterling chain connects each drop to a diamanté-centered black bead designed to adorn the earlobe. These all-original screw-back earrings can be modified for pierced ears. Light-weight and easy to wear, this fun pair works well for off-duty and business-casual wear. Scroll down to see a selection of Art Deco bracelets to wear with these jewels.USD$245.00
- Vintage Earrings, 1920s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelryThese vintage crystal bead earrings from my personal collection are formed from a faceted, lantern-shaped bead that dangles from a row of crystal beads separated by onyx-glass disks. At the top is a filigree plaque. The original screw-backs were replaced by sterling silver ear wires with lever-backs for pierced ears by my expert jeweler. I like long earrings, so I had the earrings converted in this style. If they are a bit too long for you, a jeweler could remove the lever-backs and add a sterling post to the back of the filigree. Scroll down to see more onyx and crystal Art Deco jewels to complement these gorgeous earrings.USD$295.00
- Vintage Earrings, 1950s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelryThese diamanté dangle earrings are inset with emerald enamel accents and have additional sparkling stones at the earlobes. Onyx-glass hoops form the bottom of these lovely and versatile pendants. The ear wires for pierced ears are original, but the lever backs are unmarked. These earrings are probably European in origin. Though Art Deco in style, something about this pair makes me think they may be from a later Revival era. Nevertheless, they are beautiful! Scroll down to see a selection of complimentary Art Deco bracelets.USD$345.00
- Vintage Necklaces, 1920s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelryThis chrysoprase bead necklace with polished green-glass disks in the front half has onyx-glass disks in the back. The focal point is formed with black-glass beads that are thicker, faceted and graduated in size. This vibrant Art Deco piece, in a striking color combination, closes with an older concealed clasp that looks like a narrow tube. You could emphasize either color by wearing chrysoprase or onyx Art Deco earrings and/or bracelets – scroll down to see a selection. This necklace has so many possibilities!USD$275.00
- Vintage Earrings, 1920s Jewelry, Unsigned JewelryThese black onyx drop earrings are probably Czech in origin. A delicate black-and-white-enamel-flower on a silver-tone filigree triangle connects the large, oval pendant to the faceted round stone at the earlobe. These elegant all original screw-back earrings can be modified for pierced ears. Scroll down to see a selection of coordinating pieces for this versatile and unique pair.USD$245.00